This week I was supposed to finish roughing out our city scenes, but I caught a nasty cold and was out of commission most of the week and didn’t make any progress on that front. I was able to to make it to our script revision meetings, though, and we made some great progress there.
- Summary: We met twice this week to discuss our story, focussing on what’s motivating our characters. With the help of a screenwriting professor here at Drexel, we were able to find and fix a number of plot holes and flesh out our characters and their relationships with one another. A lot got changed, but the length and core story remain the same.
- Positives: Our characters are much stronger now than they were in previous drafts, and we’ve replaced a lot of expository dialogue with reactions, visuals, etc. The story now has a consistent conflict throughout, which it was lacking before.
- Negatives: Dave will need to re-draw most of the storyboards now, and the animatic will also have to be re-cut. A small price to pay for the huge improvements we made, but it will set us back a little bit.
- Hours: 3
- Rough out city scenes
- Possibly rough out Lake’s Camp if there’s time