Task #1: Charater Shader Setup & Clothes Texturing
These images are VERY rough because I’m rebuilding our shaders on the rig instead of using my usual lighting stage. This week I focused on getting all of the shaders and textures up-to-date on the Danforth rig, now that we have clothing. We also changed the light workflow of our project to use linear lighting, so many of the shaders now have incorrect lighting levels (his eyes especially, eek). Before our Wednesday meeting, I’m going to also update the hair and hair shaders on Danforth and get Dyer textured and ready to go.
- Positive Stuff: The textures are referencing properly and will probably work on the farm!
- Problems / issues: Still not done with these characters… The directory gave me way more problems than I anticipated.
Task #2: Meetings & Project Managementy Things
Same as usual. Shuffled around Trello cards, wrote out task descriptions and time estimations, and met with people individually about different problems. One memorable meeting was our clothing pow-wow, where Anthony worked in marvelous designer while we gave him real-time feedback.
- Positive Stuff: All went well!
- Problems / issues: Nada.
Task #3: Misc (shoggoth eyes, tiling textures, mustache prep)
Grouping these tasks together because I collectively spent about 4 hours on them. I created some weird, alien-like tiling masks for Josh’s temple ornamentation, created retina masks for the shoggoth’s eyes (so we can make them glint green like a cat’s when it looks at you), and extracted and UV’d a new mustache for Dyer.
- Positive Stuff: We now have a finished story for ELC and ILT, a 3-panel animatic in the works, a plan to use marvelous designer for our clothing, a potential solution for Dyer’s face weight problem, and more!
- Problems / issues: Not done with any of these things. Gotta step it up a notch to get it rendering!
LIST OF UPCOMING TASKS:
Before my next PPJ, I’d like to have the following completed:
- Character Textures DONE
- Mustache & hair DONE
- Implement Isaias’s hieroglyphics