What I said I’d do:
-Finish Blocking Plane Interior
-Rough Motion Graphics
What I Did
So this week my plans hit a slight snag when I had to go back and retopo a great deal of the airplane and make revisions to the model as per requests from the team. However I still finished blocking in Lake’s tent exterior, lake’s tent interior, and plane interior, finished modeling on the airplane UV’d it and began texturing it.
So during the UV and texture process I hit a few major snags that culminated in the discovery of a hidden edge fold that going back and spending a few hours ironing out the model and re-uving it.
Positives- Everything is working properly, the plane looks great and textures are functioning (placeholders for the mean time to make sure the UVs are functional)
Cons- Having to double back on this model and UV process set me farther back than I’d like and I’ll be double timing these next two days to spruce up the interiors
Hours Spent: 10
modified canopy shape to fit revised plane exterior, added extra gears and gauges
Hours Spent: 2
Lake’s Tent Interior
I reconstructed Lake’s tent with more detail and a different floor plan to fit the new boards and to add additional detail.
Hours spent- 5
Lake’s Camp Exterior
I also rebuilt Lake’s camp this week to better fit new storyboards, incorporated Mountain Sculpt for added detailing in scene and for shot placement.
Hours Spent: 3
WALL OF SPROJ
Lastly, I met with Josh and Val to go over concepts for the wall of sproj and we’ve settled on a concept that we’re all happy with!
-finish texturing airplane
-keep filling in environmental detail in Lake’s Tent, Camp and Airplane
-pop through mountain pass