This week, I surrendered with the book, as I couldn’t afford to sink more time into it. I got a functional rig set up that should work for most of the shots. I also filmed reference with the other animators and began animating.
Summary: The interior pages were deleted, and the middle where the pages meet has been adjusted so that it works at any angle. The book can also be scaled, so it can be adjusted slightly to fit into specific scenes.
Pro: The book can now be used in most shots, and is on the server ready to go.
Con: The interior pages had to be abandoned due to technical issues.
Summary: Dave, Gabe, and I got together to film animation reference for several scenes, including some that were outdoors. We now have all the reference we need to get started with animating. This footage is now on the server and waiting to be processed.
Pros: All the first pass reference is finished. and it came out rather well.
Cons: The footage isn’t organized yet, nor has it been optimized for animation, as we captured it at 30 fps, but it needs to be 24.
Summary: I took the reference for the airplane scene and processed it into an image sequence at 24 frames per second. I then got it in Maya, got all the needed assets, and started animating. This is simply blocked in, with nothing advanced yet.
Pros: It feels good to be animating, and we have enough done that there shouldn’t be much backtracking as we go forwards.
Cons: Only 1 rig is ready, so only one character can be animated.
1. Model any props as needed
2. Continue Animating
3. Meet to divvy up the shots that need animating