This week, we started blocking in our animations. We also set up a timeline to make sure that all of our animations are finished on time.
Summary: Spent a few more hours fixing the tentacle and working on the topology of the body. I am meeting up with Dave Mariello this week to go over exactly what we need the topology to be so the shoggoth can do what it needs to.
Pros: Made some progress with the topology and I’m pretty happy with it.
Cons: Since I haven’t met with the teacher yet, I can’t move forward with this.
Summary: I was able to push this animation a lot farther this week, and I was able to block in 4 shots and set up my next 3. We also created a timeline for ourselves that took the 21 shots we need to do and split it up into manageable chunks for the next few weeks.
Pros: Both rigs are fantastic and working smoothly, and the fact that everything is referenced allows all the animations to update readily.
Cons: When danforth was updated once, his head and elbows all broke, so I needed to spend an hour getting them back. These delays were expected, however, and aren’t really a major issue.
1. Model any props as needed
2. Continue Animating
3. Get the shoggoth set up