This week, I spent some more time working on some animations. I also worked on setting up the base mesh for the shoggoth, which is progressing nicely. Unfortunately, I have been having some crippling computer issues, and that has slowed me down.
Summary: After all the positive feedback from last week, I have moved forwards with the shoggoth and started making the body. The eyes and mouths are pretty dense around the body, but I feel that this is necessary to give us the amount of control and crazy shifting shapes that we are looking for
Pros: The model is coming together exactly how I pictured it, and I feel that it will fit our needs well.
Cons: As it is now, the poly count is very high, and it will be pretty dull and repetitive to have to rig all the eyes and mouths.
Summary: More blocking has been done, but again, I wasn’t able to do as much as I wanted, as my computer has been having issues and I have been slowed down due to that.
Pros: Progress is still being made, and I worked in an extra few days into my schedule when I planned it to account for this exact thing happening.
Cons: Again, my work has been slowed down, but I feel as though I’ll be able to keep the original pace yet.
1. Model any props as needed
2. Continue Animating
3. Finish the shoggoth base mesh