Had a crazy productive week! Managed to work a lot, and I think with a little better time management I can get even more done this upcoming week! really excited by the progress we’re making.
- Summary: Created storyboards for the reworked exterior of Lake’s camp, and additionally adjusted the interior tent scene. Gabe helped brainstorm how to make everything work without increasing our animation load and together we worked out ways to actually SAVE on time and animation.
- Positives: Turned out really well, and the whole team is on board with essentially no disagreements!
- Negatives: Was frustrating to put a hold on animation for a while and felt like we were going backwards, but it’ll serve the piece much better now.
- Hours: 7
- Summary: Worked more on the tower shots, was able to get a lot of blocking done. I’m hoping to finalize blocking on most of the shots in the next few days and begin splining.
- Positives: Everything’s looking great!
- Negatives: Wish I had been more on my game before, I’d love to be splining by now, but I think I can be there in a day or two.
- Hours: 23
- Summary: We had to compile all of our reference for Ethan to put together in a live-action cut of our short, so that required sorting through lots of footage and filming some additional footage as well. I spliced together all of my reference for each shot (sometimes I used different parts of multiple takes) and synced them up with my pop-throughs for easy reference. Spent one hour filming new stuff, about 3 hours editing it all and matching it with audio.
- Positives: My references are much more organized!
- Negatives: Took time away from animating
- Hours: 4
- Summary: Had a meeting to discuss the storyboards and other issues that have come up in production. Agreed on boards, some changes to be made.
- Positives: Cleared up some issues and are moving ahead together more organized than before
- Negatives: None
- Hours: 2
- Animate interior tower shots
- Work with Val/Anthony/Whoever on costumes