This week, was a week of gathering and planning. We went over multiple changes to our animatic and got everything organized so things should go more smoothly in the future.
Summary: We got together and talked about some changes to the animatic and some camera movements. We also met on a different day and recorded some new reference to fill in the gaps of what we already had.
Pros: We now are happy with the tent scene and the reference we have.
Cons: This took away from the time that could have been spent working on the animation.
Summary: I have replayblasted all my shots so now they fit cohesively in the animatic. I also trimmed all the reference so it will play well with my shots. I had an odd issue with one of the environments in that the floor was all messed up upon import, so I had to address that, which caused me to lose several hours. I also got the reference for some shots I had been missing and I blocked in the basics of those shots.
Pros: I am starting to spline some shots into a more smoothed look.
Cons: The floor of the tower caused me to lose a chunk of time, and a large portion of the last few days was just setting the scenes up to playblast well.
1. Begin smoothing out the animations in the tower scene
2. Finish the shoggoth base mesh