Goals for this week:
- Get animators to look over tentacle rig.
- Fix any issues with the tentacle rig.
- Begin rigging the shoggoth.
What got done:
- I decided to go over the tentacle rig again to see if I could find any issues. After a second look I found issues with the control hierarchy not working with the whole rig and there was twisting issues in the small tentacles. I was able to fix the hierarchy issue easily. I added in a advanced twist in the main rig, this helped fix most of the twisting issues. If the animators feel like there is still a twisting issue in the rig I will go back and try and fix the problem. I also went back and added stretchiness into all the small tentacles
- Dave went over the rig and said he liked it. The only issue he found is that the small tentacles do not follow along when using the twist and roll attribute in the rig. I attempted at fixing the issue but I could not find a solution. I am going to re visit the issue in the shoggoth rig.
- Rigging the shoggoth went well. It was a challenge to figure out the correct weighting and spine structure for the shoggoth. After different attempts, I figured out the correct layout and weighting for the spine. I then added in an sdk for the shoggoth to raise its front part of its body. From there I rigged the mouth and added in a sdk for the mouth to open and close. Finally I began rigging the eyes of the shoggoth. I so far have rigged five eyes.
- One small task that came up during the week was to add more detail to dyers jacket. Luckily I had an old file that had a more detailed jacket. Switching out the jacket was straight forward, the only issue that came up was maya crashing.
- Rig more of the shoggoth.