5/3 PPJ Anthony Meyers

Goals for this week

  • Figure out the Fx

What happened.

The first thing I did was make one more tent in marvelous designer.

Then the rest of my week wasCap2ture

  • After many different attempts I got something working.

Next Week:

More Fx work

Advertisements

4/26 PPJ Gabriel Valdivia

What I planned to do:

Focus on my tent shots and get everything that wasn’t already at a first level of polish to a first level of polish.

What I did this week:

I spent most of my time wrestling with my tent interior shots.  They have proven to be my most difficult shots to work on and have needed much TLC.  I was able to get them to a level of polish that will be ready to show in class tomorrow and for Dave Mauriello to give me some good critique today.  Other than the tent stuff I tweaked some of my others shots and set up an animation schedule with Josh for when certain shots need to be LOCKED.  From there I spent a while going back through and playblasting all our shots so we can have a nice, cohesive edit to show on Tuesday.

What I plan to do next week:

First priority is getting shots locked so we can begin rendering.  I will also be helping knock out any small things that just need to get done.

Hours: 60

4-26-PPJ Josh Hollander

This week I worked with Ethan to lock down as many environments as possible (all but one are ready to be shaded and rendered), and to help the team get ready for our presentation on Tuesday.  For that, I worked with Ethan again to animate our Exterior Airplane shots.

4-26-PPJ Anthony Meyers

Goals for this week

Modeling

What happened

I modeled the interior for the airplane shot. There was some confusion on the look, so I ended up doing some remodeling. In the end it all worked out.

Additionally I went back into marvelous and had some fun destroying some tents for the camp scene.

Next Week:

Help model more

Figure out whats going on with the FX.

Hours: 18

4-26-PPJ Patrick Stelmach

Goals for this week:

  • Continue updating my animations
  • Make a draft of the ending spooky mountain

What happened: 

  • This week was a busy one. After the group meeting, we decided to lock down the interior airplane animation, so I spent a lot of time getting that ready for the final show, and I also got a head start on next week’s work. (11 Hours)
  • There were some disagreements on the final airplane interior geometry, but with some fantastic work from Anthony, it all worked out. I had to spend some time tweaking it to make it fit the shot layouts a little better (the biggest change being the window height). (3 Hours)

Screen Shot 2015-04-25 at 7.32.42 PMScreen Shot 2015-04-25 at 7.33.42 PM

  • Also, this week I spent some time making the final spooky mountain. I had some zbrush issues that caused the original mountain mesh and the spooky one to not line up anymore, but I was able to go into maya and get a working blend shape. (4 Hours)

Next Week: 

  • Lock down all the interior tower animation
  • Keep open to any random jobs floating my way

Team Progress Summary: 4/26/2015

spookyTrello_week5

This week was a whirling dervish of frenzied productivity. We all pulled our share of all-nighters, working tirelessly to meet our Sprint 1 objectives for the final project check-in. We’re so close to finishing everything!

The whole show is animated, but not quite locked down yet. We have roughly 1/3 of our shots locked and rendering on the farm, with plans to get the rest done by 5/10. 5/10 is also our texture deadline, after which Josh will start shading, lighting, and rendering the environments.

animationLock

We’re still confident that this will get done on time, but it’s going to take all we have to do it. Let’s get this project done!